Vice President of Pharmacy Operations
Southwest, Midwest and Mid Atlantic
Title: Vice President of Pharmacy Operations
Location: Based in one of 3 regions: Southwest, Midwest and Mid Atlantic
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Hiring a Vice President of Pharmacy Operations for a provider of pharmacy solutions, health information technology, medical supplies, and care management tools. The Vice President of Pharmacy Operations provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the business segment has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Drawing on clinical experience, the Vice President of Pharmacy Operations collaborates with healthcare partners to streamline the path to adoption and product access.
- Driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives through Operational Excellence.
- Improve the efficiency and harmonization of all pharmacy operations.
- Measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the business segment.
- Operationalize the development and implementation of effective growth strategies
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; recruit members of the senior operations team; provide mentoring to the management career development program.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the segment with internal and external clients, and colleagues
- Travel: Up to 60% travel to 3 core pharmacy operations sites
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Master’s Degree in related field
- 15+ years of professional experience and 10+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people motivation skills (or equivalent experience).
- At least 8 years of operational experience, additional 5 years in Sr. management role.
- Experience leading multiple sites
- Experience in Specialty & Mail Order Pharmacy Operations
- Six Sigma or process improvement experience a plus
- Pharmacy management experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing multi-function organization.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.