Vice President, Oncology Services
New Jersey, NJ
Title: Vice President, Oncology Services
Location: New Jersey, NJ
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Our client, a well-established, accredited large hospital network is seeking to hire a Vice President of Oncology Services. The Vice President, Oncology Services provides leadership in such functions, including but not limited to oncology business development, clinic operations, budgeting and finance, nursing, social work, pharmacy, recruitment and managed care and contracting.
- Manage and support to outpatient physicians and clinic staff on staffing, budgeting, and logistical issues.
- Oversee, monitor, and ensure that the Oncology Outpatient Program maintains compliance with statutory and regulatory guidelines, and maintains required certifications and licensures for overall operations and operational compliance.
- Develop strategies that measure and enhance the productivity and financial performance of clinical services.
- Participate in alternative payment programs where applicable, such as the oncology medical home and/or episodes of care, meeting reporting and metric requirements regarding EHRs, patient access and care coordination.
- Analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Ensure and coordinate the preparation of annual capital and operating budgets with the System VP of Strategy, Oncology Services and the hospital CFO.
- Facilitate optimal integration and coordination of outpatient services with hospital based and inpatient oncology services.
- Assist with the development and management of short- and long-range strategic clinic and business plans for the specific outpatient centers where assigned.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all clinical operation policies and procedures.
- Review and resolve technical and/or administrative problems arising among departments, programs, and staff managed.
- Design, implement, and evaluate management reporting systems for all outpatient services.
- Prepare a quarterly report on activities of the Cancer Centers.
- Ensure efficient utilization of all outpatient oncology space; ensures that clinic equipment is maintained in optimal condition.
- Master's degree in Business, Healthcare or Nursing.
- 10+ years of outpatient clinical management experience in a senior-level role within a healthcare setting, preferably an academic cancer center.