Systemwide Administrator for Service Line
New York NY
Title: Systemwide Administrator for Service Line
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operation
Description: Hiring a Systemwide Administrator for Service Line for a top academic medical center. The Systemwide Administrator for Service Line will be reporting to the Vice President, Clinical Services, and with accountability to the department chair, will be responsible for the development and execution of the strategic operational, fiscal and human resources agenda for the department. The Systemwide Administrator for Service Line will oversee and direct a wide range of administrative, operational, fiscal, strategic, quality, customer service and clinical and non-clinical activities to ensure that the department meets the center’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Oversees and directs a wide range of administrative, operational, fiscal, strategic, quality, customer service and clinical/non-clinical activities to ensure that the department meets strategic goals and objectives.
- Generates and fosters partnerships across the enterprise to develop value added services
- Exercises judgment concerning a wide range of administrative and operations related decisions and functions effectively in an ambiguous environment.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Oversees professional development, manages employee performance and talent acquisition. Develops talent succession plans for leadership. Provides direction to and supervises subordinate management and department staff. Continuously encourages the raising of the performance of the staff to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Routinely communicates with leadership and employees on the importance of patient satisfaction, quality of care and improving performance in exceeding patient care.
- Develops the departments' fiscal and programmatic planning process and leads and coordinates the development and documentation of all planning functions. Evaluates fiscal and programmatic plans with respect to their efficacy in meeting stated objectives.
- Reviews strategic initiatives and department growth strategies on a regular basis to identify growth opportunities and evaluate performance against business objectives.
- Oversees the management of funding provided under grants and contracts
- Oversees compliance with all funding agencies
- Plans, develops and recommends new programs for the department.
- Effectively manage the various operational, fiscal and programmatic challenges presented with leading a clinical department
- Master's Degree required in a Healthcare related field
- 10+ years’ experience in management and the healthcare field