Process Improvement Analyst
Title: Process Improvement Analyst
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Senior Process Improvement Analyst for a top academic medical center. The Senior Process Improvement Analyst responsibilities are primarily related to CDM maintenance, charge capture, process improvement, billing issues, and additional service revenue. The Senior Process Improvement Analyst will also process data and identify trends to remedy problems.
- Serve as staff to executive level personnel for special projects
- Responsibilities are primarily related to CDM maintenance, charge capture, process improvement, billing issues, and additional service revenue.
- Extracts and compiles data from various system sources to develop sound analyses leading to potential revenue cycle opportunities, conducting analyses related to CDM setup, charge capture, billing, and/or patient financial services.
- Utilizes appropriate analytical tools to extract, compile and manipulate data
- Maintains skills in appropriate analytical tools (including Excel, Access, SAS, EPIC Resolute Billing, DSS system)
- Maintains data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis.
- Liaises with department heads and other hospital personnel and executives for the purposes of information gathering to enhance revenue cycle opportunities. Represents RC department at meetings with hospital personnel. Seeks opportunities to gather information or knowledge from others outside of the RC department.
- Provides information and reports to other hospital constituencies regarding CDM, billing, and charge capture.
- Supervises and trains other analysts as needed.
- 2-4 years of experience in healthcare finance/accounting, revenue cycle and/or decision support functions
- Knowledge of revenue cycle business processes
- High level of analytical skills, and excellent communication skills required
- Skilled in data extraction manipulation and analysis