Senior Manager, Direct Contracting
Title: Senior Manager of Direct Contracting
Location: Manhattan, NY
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring a Senior Manager of Direct Contracting for patient-centered health insurance company. The Senior Manager of Direct Contracting will lead the construction and continuous refinement of care delivery networks across the company’s existing and expanding markets. The Senior Manager of Direct Contracting will synthesize and communicate market and contracting insights from the team to drive improvements to the company’s direct contracting strategies and standards. The ideal Senior Manager of Direct Contracting candidate will have a proven track record in an external-facing function with direct people and process management responsibility.
- Own a portfolio of markets, leveraging a strong understanding of their network architecture and regulatory, economic, and operational dynamics to set clear direct contracting priorities and metrics.
- Train, grow, and lead an exceptional team, building the capacity and expertise needed to accomplish the company’s direct contracting objectives.
- Run and optimize your team’s core operations, systematically triaging requests and responsibilities, tracking and reporting on contracting progress, and leading executive communications.
- Collaborate across internal stakeholders to improve cross-functional workflows and resolve issues affecting the composition and quality of your networks
- Serve as the primary escalation point for your deal pipeline, managing complex and sensitive negotiations and unblocking contracting issues
- Synthesize and communicate market and contracting insights from your team to drive improvements to the company’s direct contracting strategies and standards
- 6+ years of experience in healthcare contracting, sales, business development, consulting, or partnerships, or demonstrably relevant operations and management experience from another field
- Experience leading and scaling high-performing teams and operations
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Excellent structured thinking, with the ability to distill complex or ambiguous inputs into key structures, themes, and priorities
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in building, tracking, and analyzing operational metrics
- A JD, MBA, or other professional degree preferred
- Experience negotiating with or on behalf of healthcare systems or providers preferred
- Experience with early-stage enterprises (e.g. building a company or standing up a new functional area) preferred