Senior Administrative Manager of Dentistry and Ophthalmology
New York NY
Title: Senior Administrative Manager of Dentistry and Ophthalmology
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring a Senior Administrative Manager of Dentistry and Ophthalmology for a top academic medical center. The Senior Administrative Manager of Dentistry and Ophthalmology will assist in managing the strategic, operational, fiscal and human capital/ HR agenda for the Department of Dentistry and Ophthalmology.
- Collaborate with administrative and clinical leadership to develop, implement and oversee dentistry program initiatives.
- Participate in strategic planning using a data driven approach with accountability for overseeing implementation/execution of defined strategies and measurement of success.
- Works with departmental and Faculty Practice Group leadership to develop and implement long and short-term business plans for departmental services and makes recommendations for new business opportunities and business models.
- Manage departmental fiscal/ operational activities, including growth objectives and space allocation.
- Partner with the Unified Administrator to improve and advance operational performance, staff development, quality of care, community engagement, and departmental efficiency.
- Monitor productivity and performance to identify department strengths and training opportunities in relation to operational effectiveness.
- Support continued professional development of staff and creates succession plans for management team.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all regulatory governing agencies, including but not limited to Joint Commission and NYS DOH.
- Serve as a liaison as needed and provides support to attending physicians, patients, visitor's guests and staff in lieu of the Unified Administrator or Chair.
- Keep abreast of all revenue cycle issues, including billing, coding and reimbursement related issues and facilitates staff trainings as appropriate.
- Support and consult on DDS contracting activities to ensure compliance, aligned performance metrics and incentives, and to drive quality outcomes through financial stewardship.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of prior work experience
- Demonstrated track record of management of personnel and fiscal resources
- Leadership ability to guide, direct, and mentor a multi-layered staff
- Working knowledge of financial programs and budgeting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic and operational plans.