Revenue Management Initiatives Analyst
New York NY
Title: Revenue Management Initiatives Analyst
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Revenue Management Initiatives Analyst. The Revenue Management Initiatives Analyst serves as staff to executive level personnel for the purpose of special projects as assigned within the Health System regarding revenue opportunities. Responsibilities are primarily related to CDM maintenance, charge capture, process improvement, billing issues, and additional service revenue.
- Extracts and compiles data from various system sources to develop sound analyses leading to potential revenue cycle opportunities, conducting analyses related to CDM setup, charge capture, billing, and/or patient financial services.
- Utilizes appropriate analytical tools to extract, compile and manipulate data for purposes of analysis.
- Presents data in a clear, organized manner and documents sources, specs, and assumptions for all analyses for future reference.
- Understands end goal of analysis, as a means to project data needs and requirements. Maintains skills in appropriate analytical tools (including, but not limited to Excel, Access, SAS, EPIC Resolute Billing, DSS system).
- Liaises with department heads and other hospital personnel and executives for the purposes of information gathering to enhance revenue cycle opportunities.
- Maintains data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis.
- Provides information and reports to other hospital constituencies regarding CDM, billing, and charge capture. Accurately communicates when applicable to other hospital personnel regarding RC department matters.
- Supervises and trains other analysts as needed. Plans work flow effectively and delegates responsibilities as needed for optimum performance. Trains new staff members in a planned, efficient and effective manner, ensuring full understanding of revenue cycle policies and procedures and facilitating optimum independent functioning of staff.
- 2-4 years of experience in healthcare finance/accounting, revenue cycle and/or decision support functions
- Knowledge of revenue cycle business processes
- High level of analytical skills, and excellent communication skills required
- Skilled in data extraction manipulation, and analysis to assist executive level personnel with the identification of revenue opportunities throughout the hospital
- Adheres to a professional code of conduct at all times. Ensures compliance with all departmental policies and procedures. Complies 100% with all HIPAA requirements, required training, and other Hospital mandated activities.