Revenue Integrity Analyst
New York NY
Title: Revenue Integrity Analyst
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Revenue Integrity Analyst for a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center. The Revenue Integrity Analyst will report to the Associate Director of Revenue Initiatives. The Revenue Integrity Analyst is responsible for managing, coordinating, and implementing charge capture initiatives and processes to improve revenue management and revenue protection and ensures the overall integrity of the charge capture process. The revenue integrity unit is comprised of three teams each with a specific area of specialization: Coding, Operations and Process Improvement.
- Conduct internal audits & reviews to improve revenue cycle, claims production & coding integrity.
- Works directly with coordinators on developing and maintaining solvency within each practice’s revenue cycle. Review, monitor and track charge and edit work queues.
- Implement charge capture corrective measures and monitoring tools to ensure sustainability of changes; performs, reviews, and monitors statistics and key performance indicators.
- Performs various financial analyses and provide recommendations based on activities. Review monthly revenue cycle metrics for areas of improvement within practices.
- Performs charge reconciliation process to ensure that charges are captured.
- Review, monitor, and facilitate implementation of billing and coding changes affecting charge capture processes in accordance with payer requirements.
- Provide guidance related to billing and charge capture of services to multiple staff levels; facilitate proper recording of transactions in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Conduct special projects and special studies to facilitate revenue management required for system conversions, new facilities, new depts, new service lines, changes in regulations, legal reviews, etc.
- Analyze billing error and denial data to identify root causes. Correct identified deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-6 years of auditing or revenue cycle management experience in a health care environment
- CPC Certification Preferred
- 4-6 years of auditing or revenue cycle management experience in a health care environment.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and follow through.
- Well-developed research skills.
- Strong knowledge of revenue cycle process, revenue integrity & its impact on revenue cycle.
- Knowledge of Current Procedures Codes (CPT) and International Class of Diseases Codes (ICD9/10) utilized in medical billing; medical billing software; healthcare billing including Medicare, Medicaid, or other third-party payers; terminology utilized in medical billing