Revenue Cycle Manager
New Jersey, NJ
Title: Revenue Cycle Manager
Location: New Jersey, NJ
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Our Client, a well-known and successful medical practice is seeking a Revenue Cycle Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director of Operations, this position is responsible for the direct oversight and management of Revenue Cycle processes, staff and department.
- Create and implement a vision for the department that will incorporate best practices for a multi- location practice and set the foundation to build a best in class" department that will keep pace in a high growth environment.
- Develop, maintain and document standardized revenue cycle department policies and procedures
- Perform analytical reviews and quality assurance on all data generated by revenue cycle department to ensure data integrity
- Works closely with managers and directors to assure communication of information necessary to ensure efficient processes are understood and implemented in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Directly manage and oversee the staffing, training, support and development of the revenue cycle department.
- Responsible for accurate and timely billing, data entry, charge corrections, payment entry, adjustments, invoice corrections, software maintenance, pre-registration and collections.
- Responsible for developing a Quality Assurance program and Auditing periodically to ensure adherence to appropriate billing and collection protocols.
- Generate specific management reports and customizes key billing metrics for dissemination to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Review reimbursement levels to determine when changes take place. Keep up to date of changes in the industry that will impact charging patterns and reimbursement levels.
- Disseminate and track all pertinent information supplied to operations staff.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate reference materials for the department.
- Develop action and contingency plans to correct bottlenecks, backlogs, etc., to reach productivity and collection goals.
- Create processes necessary to implement new requirements.
- Use, protect, and disclose patients protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Bachelor s degree or higher level education.
- Over 10 years of demonstrated experience in an automated accounts receivable environment.
- Multi-location management experience in a physician or hospital environment.
- 7 years of medical billing experience.
- 5 years of medical billing management experience.
- Third-party billing experience (MCR, MCL, PPO, WC, and Humana).
- ICD-10 and CPT coding experience.
- 7 years of management experience
- Certified Professional Coder
- Electronic Health Records knowledge
- Large multi-location experience