Revenue Cycle Analyst
New York NY
Title: Revenue Cycle Analyst
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Revenue Cycle Analyst for a world-class, patient-centered academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. In this role, the Revenue Cycle Analyst will perform audits to identify and recover underpayments caused by contract misinterpretation and invalid denials to maximize reimbursement. The Revenue Cycle Analyst will efficiently lower A/R, and speed up the revenue cycle.
- Interpret insurance contracts
- Collect/analyze payer data to determine denial and underpayment trends for further review;
- Execute data mining and in-depth accounts receivable analysis;
- Maintain data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis to ensure data does not become corrupted through conscientious use of tools and a system of checks and balances.
- Coordinate audit activities to ensure timely submission of clear, organized deliverables for meetings including analyses, summaries, etc
- Evaluate and escalate eligibility, authorization, billing, and claims processing inaccuracies to implement upstream solutions;
- Assist with providing constructive feedback and developing training tools;
- Ensure cash optimization and accounts receivable reduction activity is functioning to fullest capability;
- Supervise and train other analysts as needed;
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2 Years’ experience
- High level of analytical skills and dynamic communication skills (verbal and written) are required
- Microsoft Excel and Word familiarity required.