Registered Nurse, Cardiology Unit (Night-Shift)
Fairfield County, CT
Title: Registered Nurse, Cardiology Unit (Night-Shift)
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our Client, a non-for-profit community teaching hospital in Connecticut, is seeking a Registered Nurse, Cardiology Unit for the night shift. The Registered Nurse, Cardiology Unit will coordinate and deliver patient care utilizing the Nursing Process and following all established standards of practice within State and Federal guidelines.
- Provide direct patient care to a select group of patients and advocates on their behalf
- Evaluate patient's physical and psychosocial condition throughout the continuum of care.
- Develop, communicate, and implement patient plan of care reflecting patient issues and proposed interventions to achieve desired patient outcome.
- Provide education as indicated after assessing the learning needs of the patient and family
- Uphold a positive attitude and work to achieve an environment of respect, accountability, teamwork, integrity, and compassion.
- Respect and protect the patient's rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for professional purposes which are in the patient's best interests with full consideration of their legal rights.
- Practice the 5 rights to patient safety when administering medications, blood or blood products and treatments. (right patient, right medication, right route, right dose, right time)
- Evaluate patient outcomes, effectiveness of plan of care and readiness for discharge and/or continuing care.
- Document pertinent information, observations, and all aspects of patient care clearly, concisely and in a timely manner.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Valid license as Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
- BSN strongly preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- 1+ years of acute-care nursing hospital experience
- Cardiology/telemetry experience highly preferred
- ACLS certification required by end of first year of employment
- Experience with:
- Dysrhythmia monitoring techniques
- Drug dosage calculation, continuous medication infusion administration, and monitoring patient reactions for medication effects
- Standardized procedures for pre, intra, and post procedures (cardioversion, TEE, cardiac catheterization with PCI, bronchoscopy, chest tube)
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of cardiopulmonary emergencies, PAMI s and initiation of standardized interventions to stabilize the patient awaiting transfer to critical care or cardiac catherization lab