Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health, ACT, (RN)
New York NY
Title: Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring a Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health for an ambulatory crisis center that provides comprehensive outpatient and inpatient mental health services, addiction treatment programs and crisis services. The center’s patients are referred, voluntarily admitted, and involuntarily admitted from the emergency room and surrounding community services. The Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health will treat adults with acute psychiatric symptoms.
- Assist in scheduling, treatment plans, and initial visits and follow ups of patient services.
- Ensure med compliance and patient quality care.
- Participates in the training of members of the patient care team
- Ensures nursing practices of the care team as well as own practices are in accordance with nursing standards, local, state and federal guidelines and organizational policy.
- Ensures compliance with all infection control, safety and confidentiality guidelines
- Manages the patient’s Plan of Care
- Assists in the timeliness of doctor follow up.
- Reviews work to be completed, develops a plan based upon patient population need, skill levels of other nursing care team members and protocols, policies and procedures.
- Support and teach patients about self-care management
- Coordinates medication administration and reconciliation
- Calls patients to assure compliance with treatment plan and/or response to treatment
- Follows up on abnormal laboratory results requiring patient action
- Coordinates requests for medication refills per procedure and protocols.
- Coordinates outpatient work-up and or treatment plans
- Provides direct care for patients
- Utilizes EMR to document all patient care, medication administration
- Promotes patient education
- Maintains licensure and certification as required and is responsible for own professional development through periodic attendance at ongoing educational events.
- Participates in program evaluation and quality improvement activities.
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Experience in behavioral health