Westchester County NY
Title: Inpatient Psychiatrist
Location: Westchester County, NY 10707
Occupational Category: Physicians
Description: Hiring an Inpatient Psychiatrist for an ambulatory crisis center. The Inpatient Psychiatrist will work in a special unit authorized by the Office of Mental Health with patients who have a history of readmissions to short term units. The Inpatient Psychiatrist will perform thorough patient clinical histories and develop patient care charts, ensuring completeness and accuracy. Its patients are referred, voluntarily admitted, and involuntarily from their emergency room and surrounding community services.
- Perform thorough patient clinical histories and develops patient care charts, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Coverage and understanding of affective & psychotic disorders, Crisis stabilization, dual focus, substance abuse & addiction. Works in collaboration with other health-care providers within the clinical team and to provide comprehensive patient care.
- Continues standards of care as described in Principles of Practice, protocols, and Scope of Practice as approved by the State of New York Board of Medicine.
- Participates in staff meetings, conferences, and in-service training and continuing education.
- Participate in planning programs and in developing specific health policies and procedures.
- Assess and admit patients along with coverage of the inpatient psychiatric units for intermediate length of stays.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- New York State Medical License
- New Grads acceptable