Psychiatrist, Child & Adolescent
New York NY
Title: Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist for a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) Network. The organization is a mission-driven health organization committed to high quality, affordable health care for all. The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist will as part of an interdisciplinary team providing direct patient care, consultation and supervision in a collaborative effort to identify and treat child and adolescent patients with depression and other psychiatric illnesses.
- Conducts a structured clinical interview on all new patients.
- Provides comprehensive psychiatric care, including diagnostic interviews, medication, medication reviews, and therapy to patients
- Documents all patient care in electronic medical record and closes all encounters within 24 hours.
- Participates in CQI projects and efforts for Psychiatry providers.
- Provides consultation to primary care providers and residents.
- Provides supervision and guidance to psychosocial staff members and students.
- Assists Director of Psychiatry with other administrative tasks as requested or required.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings, weekly team meetings and weekly case conference meetings as requested or required.
- Facilitates ongoing chart reviews to ensure quality indicators are met, including treatment plan reviews.
- Assists with quality assurance activities for the program, department, and agency as appropriate or required.
- Submits reports, as requested and ensures compliance with funder requirements
- Conducts educational sessions for mental health clinicians, social services staff, outside agencies and primary care providers.
- Board Certified or Eligible in Psychiatry
- MD or DO Academic Degree
- Board Certified / Eligible in Adult and/or Child Psychiatry
- NYS Medical License and DEA registration
- NYS Registration Certificate, Current
- Demonstrated experience with a child/adolescent population in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Demonstrated research experience, preferred.
- Bi-lingual, English/ Spanish preferred.