Hudson Valley NY
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Psychiatrist for a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) Network. The organization is a mission-driven health organization committed to high quality, affordable health care for all. The Psychiatrist will as part of an interdisciplinary team providing direct patient care, consultation and supervision in a collaborative effort to identify and treat patients with depression and other psychiatric illnesses.
- Conducts a structured clinical interview on all new patients.
- Provides comprehensive psychiatric care, including diagnostic interviews, medication, medication reviews, and therapy to patients
- Documents all patient care in electronic medical record and closes all encounters within 24 hours.
- Participates in CQI projects and efforts for Psychiatry providers.
- Provides consultation to primary care providers and residents.
- Provides supervision and guidance to psychosocial staff members and students.
- Assists Director of Psychiatry with other administrative tasks as requested or required.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings, weekly team meetings and weekly case conference meetings as requested or required.
- Facilitates ongoing chart reviews to ensure quality indicators are met, including treatment plan reviews.
- Assists with quality assurance activities for the program, department, and agency as appropriate or required.
- Submits reports, as requested and ensures compliance with funder requirements
- Conducts educational sessions for mental health clinicians, social services staff, outside agencies and primary care providers.
- Board Certified or Eligible in Psychiatry
- MD or DO Academic Degree
- Board Certified / Eligible in Adult and/or Child Psychiatry
- NYS Medical License and DEA registration
- NYS Registration Certificate, Current
- Demonstrated experience with a child and/or adult population in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Demonstrated research experience, preferred.
- Bi-lingual, English/ Spanish preferred.