Psychiatrist, Adult, ACT
New York NY
Title: Adult Psychiatrist
Location: New York Metro Area
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring an Adult Psychiatrist for an ambulatory crisis center that provides comprehensive outpatient and inpatient mental health services, addiction treatment programs and crisis services. The Adult Psychiatrist will provide treatment to adults with acute psychiatric symptoms who need hospitalization. The center’s patients are referred, voluntarily admitted, and involuntarily admitted from the emergency room and surrounding community services. The Adult Psychiatrist will assess and admit patients along with coverage of inpatient psychiatric units for intermediate lengths of stays.
- Perform patient clinical histories and develop patient care charts
- Coverage of affective & psychotic disorders, Crisis stabilization, dual focus, substance abuse & addiction
- Work in collaboration with other health-care providers within the clinical team to provide comprehensive patient care.
- Participate in staff meetings, conferences, and in-service training and continuing education.
- Participate in planning programs and in developing specific health policies and procedures.
- Assess and admit patients
- Coverage of the inpatient psychiatric units for intermediate length of stays.
- Full time position Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Certified American Board of Psychiatry
- Specialty; Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist
- New York State Medical License
- Minimum 2 years of experience