Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Westchester County, NY
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Westchester County, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Description: Hiring a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners for a prominent in-patient psychiatric facility. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners will work with children of all ages and/or adults. The Nurse Practitioner will perform Psychiatric Assessments and Medication Management as part of a Treatment Team that includes Psychiatrists, Therapists and Nursing Staff. Admitting Diagnoses include: mood disorders, detachment, school related issues and trauma. Excellent benefits. Extremely well-respected facility on college campus-like setting.
- Case Management and patient care, both routine and urgent, according to the medical center policies and procedures, including but not limited to: administering injections, refilling medications, patient education, etc
- Acts as liaison between clinical providers and patients
- Training of new personnel, and supervision of LPNs, Patient Care Assistants, Health Coaches and Clinical Floor Coordinators
- Participation in Quality Assurance activities, supporting compliance with the Center?s policies and procedures regarding patient care, safety and security, and infection control
- Ensures availability of all properly-prepared medical equipment and supplies
- New York State License required.