Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Westchester County NY
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Westchester County, NY 10601
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for a healthcare provider for low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work in coordination and collaboration with the Senior Director of Behavioral Health, Psychiatry team and Primary Care Providers to effectively meet the substance use disorder (SUD) and co-occurring treatment needs of the provider’s patient population. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide patient care and establish a family partnership whenever possible to ensure the behavioral health and substance use disorder needs of the patients are met on an ongoing basis.
- Promote healthy outcomes through the coordination, linking, monitoring, tracking substance use disorder (SUD) treatment program activities and patients.
- Provide patient care and establish a family partnership whenever possible to ensure the behavioral health and substance use disorder needs of the patients are met
- Ensure high-quality care is delivered cost-effectively, consistently.
- Maintain electronic medical records in compliance with the provider’s standards
- Engage patient, family and cross-functional care teams to improve behavioral health/SUD needs and well-being of the patient.
- Maintain familiarity with ongoing research and development in relevant field
- Ensure performance improvement initiatives are supported by timely and accurate data and consistent actions.
- Provide high-quality primary health care to low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care.
- Responsive and capable of working in a high accountability environment.
- Degree and licensure to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in NY
- DEA certification
- Waiver from DEA following MAT training
- A minimum of one-year relevant experience
- Bilingual Preferred: English and Spanish