Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Manhattan, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for a network of Family Health Centers with locations throughout New York City. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide care to patients and consultations to physical health and mental health practitioners in the areas of mental health prevention, intervention, and rehabilitation.
- Assess and evaluate patients in various settings by documenting history, completing psychosocial assessments, mental status exams, risk assessments, make observation of behaviors/interaction, assess and diagnose.
- Render diagnostic and dispositional judgment and facilitate the patient’s movement into appropriate services.
- Develop, plan, and implement care for each patient.
- Prescribe medications.
- Assist patients to achieve their highest level of functioning and achieve symptom elimination or maintenance of symptom stability as clinically appropriate using multiple treatment modalities (individual, group, family), health teaching and counseling.
- Provide case management to ensure an integrated treatment plan inclusive of the patient’s bio-psychosocial situation to enhance quality patient care.
- Provide home and field visits when necessary for crisis intervention, risk assessment, and collaboration with other agencies.
- MA or M.S in Psychiatric or Mental Health Nursing.
- New York State recognized training as a nurse practitioner with a specialty in Psychiatry. Instruction satisfactory to the Education Department of New York State to issue prescriptions.
- New York State R.N. License, Certification as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State with a specialty in psychiatry.
- Certification to treat children and adolescents preferred
- Experience in ambulatory psychiatric and healthcare settings.
- Knowledge and skill in working with SMI and patients with co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
- Knowledge and skill in psychopharmacology.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred