Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Out Patient
Westchester County, NY
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Westchester County, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Description: Hiring a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for a top hospital in Westchester County. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide primary care to complex medical patients and consulting on management of medical comorbidities.
- Provides comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic tests, diagnosis, prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and non-pharmacologic therapies.
- Coordinate discharge planning
- Consult and make referrals to physicians and other members of the health care team as appropriate.
- Use an expanded knowledge base of pathophysiology, physiology and pharmacology to guide critical thinking skills and advanced assessment, diagnosis and treatment of individuals with potential or actual acute health needs.
- Participate in education, research, prevention and consultation activities.
- Oversee the following departments: Adult Inpatient Units and Psychiatric Emergency Room.
- Performs a complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Evaluates the physical and psychosocial development of adult patients.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Provide patients and families the information they need to fully understand the illness, prognosis and treatment options.
- Advance Nurse Degree (Master?s Degree) in Adult/Family Nursing required from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Registered Nursing (RN) license in state of New York is required.
- Minimum of one-year experience as an NP, preferably in an acute care setting.