Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP)
New York, NY
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our Client, a top Behavioral Health hospital in Metro-NYC serving Adult and Geriatric population has an exciting opportunity for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who will collaborate with an outstanding multidisciplinary team, analyze patient care data and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment plans. Help people live happier, healthier lives, as you coordinate and participate in the efficient delivery of high-quality nursing care to assigned psychiatric patients.
- Evaluating patients
- Entering patient care orders
- Performing procedures
- Providing education to patients and families
- Discharge planning
- Implementing new programs to meet the need of the community.
- Maximize continuity of care while optimizing outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing (a BSN is preferred)
- Current NYS PNP licensure and current BCLS certification.
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Required ANCC Certification