Physician Assistant, Radiology
New York NY
Title: Physician Assistant, Radiology
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Physician Assistant
Description: Hiring a Physician Assistant, Radiology, for a premier academic medical center. The Physician Assistant, Radiology, will be to expedite patients throughout Radiology in a timely fashion with primary focus in Emergency Room CT Scan and Direct Radiography Imaging (ED) room and MRI department. The Physician Assistant, Radiology, acts as an inpatient management and emergency department facilitator. The Physician Assistant, Radiology, will obtain relevant history, perform a complete or focused physical exam and procures; previous diagnostic testing results.
- Expedite patient care and throughput in the CT/DR Radiology area and MRI (includes transport/ custodial care of patient, if necessary)
- Contrast Injection / Consent Forms/Document labs results etc. Performs procedures in a timely and accurate fashion
- Assist in Emergency Interventional procedures dependent on severity of patient
- Primary care giver on night shift rotation
- Attends Radiology conferences, teaching rounds and presents cases
- Keeps the Nurse Manager and Supervising Physician informed as to the needs, problem areas and suggestions, which may be beneficial to the service
- Retrieves / stores film collection as needed. Films available for reading and consults
- Transfers acutely ill patients
- Must be a graduate of an approved PA program.
- Licensed and registered in New York State
- Must pass National Certification Exam and must pass National Recertification Exam every six years
- Must obtain 100 credits of approved CME every two years.
- Knowledge of EKG, XRAY Interpretation