Physician Assistant, OB/GYN
New York Metro Area NY
Title: Physician Assistant, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Location: New York Metro Area, NY
Occupational Category: Physician Assistant
Description: Our client, a large Physician led outpatient Medical office in the New York Metropolitan Area, is currently seeking to hire a Physician Assistant, Obstetrics and Gynecology. The Physician Assistant, Obstetrics and Gynecology will provide a range of OB/GYN care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and population health management. Our client offers a highly desirable benefits package and competitive salary.
- Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Perform relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent findings.
- Treat routine gynecological problems, such as vaginal yeast bacterial or urinary tract infections.
- Conduct pap smears, screen for cervical cancer and test for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Diagnose and treat pelvic conditions.
- Conduct breast exams.
- Provide contraception such as IUD insertions, and breast self-examination and lactation education.
- ?Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
- Order appropriate laboratory, radiological, and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens.
- Perform other job-related duties and be willing to be trained in gynecological procedures.
- Attend staff educational programs and meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies required; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- NCCPA Board Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- New graduates accepted; 2+ years of experience in obstetrics and gynecology care preferred.
- Valid NYS medical license
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification strongly preferred