Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Hudson Valley NY
Title: Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC) Network. The Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for diagnostic interviews, medication management and therapy to patients as well as consultation to physicians and social workers.
- Conducts a structured clinical interview on all new patients.
- Provides comprehensive psychiatric care, including diagnostic interviews, medication, medication reviews, and therapy
- Documents patient care in electronic medical record
- Participates in CQI projects and efforts for Psychiatry providers.
- Provides consultation to primary care providers and residents.
- Provides supervision and guidance to psychosocial staff members and students.
- Assists Director of Psychiatry with other administrative tasks
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings and case conference meetings
- Facilitates ongoing chart reviews to ensure quality indicators are met
- Assists with quality assurance activities for the program, department, and agency
- Submits reports, as requested and ensures compliance with funder requirements
- Conducts educational sessions for mental health clinicians, social services staff, outside agencies and primary care providers.
- Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) or Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Current NY state medical license and DEA registration
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to generate, interpret and analyze data from multiple sources
- Bi-lingual, English/ Spanish preferred
- Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner