Long Island NY
Title: Patient Coordinator
Location: Suffolk County, NY 11763
Occupational Category: Administrative/Operations
Description: Hiring a Patient Coordinator for a cardiovascular healthcare practice dedicated to preventing, diagnosing and treating heart and vascular disorders is currently seeking to hire a Patient Coordinator. The Patient Coordinator will greet patients as they come in for and leave their appointments and act as practice ambassadors. The Patient Coordinator will have the direct responsibility of keeping the flow of patients into and out of the clinical areas balanced without sacrificing the collection and input of correct demographic and insurance information. The Patient Coordinator will act as a liaison to expedite the coordination of care.
- Act as a liaison to get patients accurately signed in and moved into the clinical area with accurate tracking of time while patients go through each station of the encounter and expedite the coordination of care
- Ensure that patients are accurately registered and that all proper paperwork has been filled out completely including waivers when necessary and that copays have been collected.
- Post all copays collected into the practice’s database
- Reconcile individually collected receipts with amounts posted and will report and resolve any overages or shortages each day
- Help keep the flow of patients into and out of the clinical areas without sacrificing the collection and input of correct demographic and insurance information
- Routinely review the patient monitor identifying patient that have missed their appointments
- Correctly identify if a patient requires a referral and ensures that the referral is obtained or on file prior to seeing patient
- High school degree required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with health care front desk, reception, or billing.
- Experience using a registration, scheduling, and/or billing program required.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of front desk, scheduling, insurance carrier requirements, and copays/deductibles/coinsurances.
- High level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy in interacting with patients, staff and insurance carriers.