PR & Social Media Specialist
New York NY
Title: PR & Social Media Specialist
Location: New York Metro Area, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: This is a hybrid position, combining social media and traditional public relations experience in support of the large Public Relations team. This position reports directly to the Director of Public Relations.
- Manage the PR Department’s Twitter feed, involving building and updating a weekly Twitter editorial calendar, schedule content into Hootsuite, and track Twitter feeds.
- Responsible for attending and reporting on community events to share across all social media platforms. Take photos and videos at events to post on Twitter.
- Collaborate with the marketing department and member hospital PR teams for seamless content creation on other social media channels.
- Knowledge of Media, and ability to build relationships with reporters.
- Work with affinity organizations to develop Twitter chats.
- Responsible for building strategy and raising publicity for community events and certain clinical areas.
- Capability to write and distribute press releases and media statements as needed, in conjunction with marketing, development and government/community relations, and PR communications planning departments.
- Regularly pitch newsworthy content to media.
- Rotate in the department’s on-call schedule for urgent matters on evenings/weekends.
- Website support and management of the PR Department’s content is required.
- College Degree required; preferably in Communications.
- Writing portfolio required; looking for writing samples, press release samples, photo captions sample, twitter media samples and more.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an entry level communications job.
- Experience with video production, news releases, Twitter, Periscope and YouTube.
- Experience in branding and editing videos and photos is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and HTML helpful.