PMO Manager - Enterprise Information Technology
Fairfield County, CT
Title: PMO Manager - Enterprise Information Technology
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Healthcare IT
Description: Our Client, a non-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in Connecticut, is hiring a Project Manager. The Project Manager will establish and communicate the appropriate processes and procedures to ensure project management methodology is being executed across the organization. This role will be responsible for managing complex projects, managing commitments and delivery. Candidate must have seven to ten years? experience managing projects in Healthcare IT and a core understanding of IT systems and requirements to set and measure cross departmental functional deployment to meet organizational goals.
- Track the day-to-day activities for teams and projects as required to ensure the projects are completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals and standards.
- Assist in the development and implementation of project management methodologies, standards, processes, and documents.
- Manage multiple projects throughout their life cycles and interfaces with all areas and individuals affected by the project.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, resource requirements, and other program specific documentation for each active project.
- Manage and implement project budgets; provide input for budget development; ensure projects stay within allocated budget.
- Continuously monitor the active project portfolio for signs of existing or potential problems and ensure the project manager takes the lead role to solve or preclude the problem from developing.
- Ensure that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors, steering committee (if applicable), and IS management and are documented appropriately.
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Business, IT or related discipline
- Experience in IT PMO leadership, portfolio performance metrics and reporting, and project financials.
- Experience in the design of PMO processes and standards
- Advanced judgment, problem resolution, organizational, cross-collaboration, conflict resolution, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Works well under pressure with the ability to prioritize and deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously and under tight timelines.
- Experience working with an Electronic Health Record system.