Title: Medical Coder
Location: Queens, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operation
Description: Our client, a well-established non-profit healthcare organization, is seeking to hire a Medical Coder. The client will offer the appointed Medical Coder a competitive salary, full benefits, vacation and personal paid time off, and flexible work hours.
Responsibilities of the Medical Coder include:
- Abstract and code a high volume of physician progress notes.
- Code E&M, medical procedures, behavioral health, podiatry, cardiology, and dental services for pediatric and adult care.
- Follow-up in a timely manner with physician queries to ensure all encounters are coded in a time manner.
- Adhere to and maintain required levels of performance in both Coding accuracy and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with guidelines and regulations of HIPAA, False Claims Act, Fair Debt Collections Act, and Stark Law.
- Attend Coding department meetings and educational events.
- Associates Degree (Bachelor s Degree preferred).
- Active coding certification of CPC, COC or CCS from AAPC or AHIMA.
- Minimum 3 years of healthcare coding experience.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding with additional knowledge of modifier uses, CCI edits, and payers bundling guidelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with EHR system (eCW preferred).
- Prior experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center environment desirable.