Oral Surgeon (DS / DMD)
Hudson Valley, NY
Title: Oral Surgeon
Location: Ulster County, NY
Occupational Category: Physicians and Physician Assistants
Description: Hiring an Oral Surgeon for a Federally-Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC). The Oral Surgeon will provide outpatient dental services to patients, precept residents and assist the Dental Director when needed in specified areas as indicated. The Oral Surgeon will refer patients to appropriate dental or medical specialties when indicated. The Oral Surgeon will obtain medical and nursing consultations when necessary in addressing total needs of patients.
- Provides direct and comprehensive oral surgery care, including consultation, extractions (complicated and simple), biopsies, disease and trauma management etc.
- Refers patients to appropriate dental or medical specialties when indicated.
- Obtains medical and nursing consultation when necessary in addressing total needs of patients.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date patient records.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area.
- D.S. or D.M.D. from an accredited dental school.
- NYS License
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a general dentist preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, supervisory, clinical, and organizational skills.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in employment in a community health center.
- Demonstrated experience with dental electronic medical record preferred.