Westchester County NY
Title: Ophthalmology Technician
Location: Westchester County, NY 10598
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring an Ophthalmology Technician for a comprehensive ophthalmology surgical medical practice. The Ophthalmology Technician will verify patient information by interviewing patients; recording medical history; and confirming purpose of visit. The Ophthalmology Technician will prepare patients for ophthalmology examination by dilating their pupils; reporting patient history summary, changes in visual acuity, elevated extraocular pressure, or blood pressure to ophthalmologist. The Ophthalmology Technician will help ophthalmology patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Checks condition of patients' eyes by observing pupils, muscle, visual acuity, extraocular movements, blood pressure.
- Prepares patients for ophthalmology examination by dilating their pupils; reporting patient history summary, changes in visual acuity, elevated extraocular pressure, or blood pressure to ophthalmologist.
- Assists doctors by helping with office procedures such as laser surgeries, minor in office procedures.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders, use of drops, contact lenses, drugs, and questions about surgery.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Experience in Supply Management, Verbal Communication, Infection Control, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Organization, Scheduling, Professionalism, Customer Focus, Confidentiality, Bedside Manner, Medical Teamwork
- Requires previous experience in eye medical practice.
- Experience with medical histories, visions, contact lenses, a-scans, visual fields, OCT and refractions needed.
- Must be extremely responsible, flexible, personable, and professional.
- Spanish speaking a strong plus.