Oncology Clinical Coordinator (RN)
Fairfield County CT
Title: Oncology Clinical Coordinator (RN)
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring an Oncology Clinical Coordinator (RN) for a not-for-profit community teaching hospital in Connecticut. The Oncology Clinical Coordinator (RN) will coordinate and deliver patient care utilizing the Nursing Process. The Oncology Clinical Coordinator (RN) will provide supervision of non-RN personnel and act as a resource for ancillary staff on assigned unit and act as preceptor to new staff and students as requested.
- Provides direct patient care to a select group of patients and advocates on their behalf.
- Assesses patient’s physical and psychosocial condition throughout the continuum of care.
- Monitors, practices and promotes patient safety and quality of care.
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures and standards of care, which contribute to the achievement of the organization’s & nursing strategic plan.
- Respects and protects the patient’s rights to confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs service recovery and communicates patient plan of care.
- Monitors Press Ganey and HCAHPS organizationally and unit based.
- Collaborates with patient, family and healthcare team in implementing plan of care.
- Continually assesses and reassesses priorities and competing demands on the unit.
- Responds to crisis in a calm, efficient manner, directing others concisely.
- Engages in critical thinking to arrive at solutions by actively and conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, or evaluating information gathered.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the health care team and related departments to provide accurate information about the care of the patients.
- Keeps all unit caregivers informed of issues and policies that affect patient care or nursing practice.
- Maintains open communication with nurse manager regarding unit and staff activity.
- Provides clear direction and delegate’s responsibility when appropriate.
- Performs duties as assigned or requested to maintain a high level of service.
- Ability to utilize, navigate and provide instruction on the electronic medical record.
- Utilizes the acuity-based staffing system to make sound staffing decisions and communicates rationalization of those decisions understanding fiscal implication.
- Demonstrates responsibility and importance of ordering, maintenance and utilization of supplies.
- Maintains equipment and utilizes supplies in a safe, cost effective manner
- Participates actively in group decision making
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Valid license as Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
- BSN preferred
- BLS certification required.
- Computer skills required