Nursing Director of Infection Prevention and Control (RN)
New York NY
Title: Nursing Director of Infection Prevention and Control (RN)
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Nursing Director of Infection Prevention and Control (RN) for a top NYC academic medical center. The Nursing Director of Infection Prevention and Control (RN) oversees infection control for the medical center.
- Detects evidence of hospital and network infections.
- Enters infection data into CDC and NHSN program applications
- Analyzes, interprets and reports data to the Infection Control Committee and other infection and patient safety committees
- Environmental rounds to assess the implementation of Infection Prevention and Control, Patient Care, Personnel Practices and Environmental Practices
- Confirms that proper isolation precautions for infected patients are carried out and initiates these procedures when indicated during Care Unit rounds
- Consults and acts as a liaison among clinical staff on infection prevention and control performance improvement initiatives
- Collaborates with Occupational Health Services
- Provides in-service education to new and incumbent employees
- Investigates outbreak situation utilizing epidemiological principles
- Analyzes and interprets surveillance or outbreak investigation data
- Collaborates in writing and publishing scientific abstracts or papers
- Remains current in the practice of Infection Prevention and Control by reading, attending seminars and workshops, and active participation in related professional organizations
- Performs related professional duties as directed by the manager, director and leadership utilizing the Balanced Score card framework
- Professional Registered Nurse license and current registration to practice in New York State
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing or related field and a required.
- Master’s degree and Infection control certification preferred at time of employment.
- Minimum of 2 consecutive years of recent acute care nursing experience
- Infection Control, hospital epidemiology or related experience
- Documented commitment to continuing professional development.
- Clinical Information System (CIS)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with performance improvement tools and methods