Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care/HIV Care
New York, NY
Title: Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care/HIV Care
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our client, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is currently seeking to hire a Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care/HIV Care. The Nurse Practitioner, Primary Care/HIV Care will perform initial physical examinations, patient care reviews, coordinate patient care, and appropriately document clinical charting.
- Provide weekly direct patient care services.
- Communicate with HIV program team to ensure that patients? needs are appropriately met, and that messaging to patients and community members is consistent across the HIV program.
- Reach out to community organizations on behalf of the HIV program, including making initial contact with agency staff, meeting with agency leadership, and/or offering educational sessions at agencies as appropriate.
- Partake in case conferences, viremia rounds, and HIV quality committee meetings to identify and address gaps in care.
- Participate in marketing and promoting the practice and mission by making public and community presentations to various boards, councils, civic and community groups, and other legal bodies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing is required along
- Completion of Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner program
- 1+ years of relevant working experience
- Previous experience providing HIV care in a clinical setting is required.
- Current NYS APN license
- DEA license required
- NP Board Certification or Board Eligible
- AAHIVS credential highly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred