Nurse Practitioner, OB/GYN
New York, NY
Title: Nurse Practitioner, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our client, a large Physician led outpatient Medical office in the New York Metropolitan Area, is currently seeking to hire a Nurse Practitioner, Obstetrics and Gynecology. The Nurse Practitioner, Obstetrics and Gynecology provide obstetrical and gynecology care services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and population health management.
- Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Perform relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent findings.
- Treat routine gynecological problems, such as vaginal yeast bacterial or urinary tract infections.
- Perform pap smears, screen for cervical cancer and test for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Diagnose and treat pelvic conditions.
- Conduct breast exams.
- Provide contraception such as IUD insertions, and breast self-examination and lactation education.
- ?Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
- Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
- Educate and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens.
- Work with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
- Attend staff educational programs and meetings.
- Valid Nurse Practitioner license in NYS
- Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- 2+ years of experience in obstetrics and gynecology care
- Active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification strongly preferred