Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Research, Sleep
New York NY
Title: Nurse Practitioner for Clinical Sleep Research
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Nurse Practitioner for Clinical Sleep Research for a renowned academic medical center. The Nurse Practitioner for Clinical Sleep Research will work with the investigators and be jointly responsible for the clinical care and follow-up evaluation for patients who are enrolled in clinical trials. The Nurse Practitioner for Clinical Sleep Research will be responsible for data collection and adherence to the study protocol; working closely with the Principal Investigator and Sponsor of the study.
- Perform informed consent process in a manner consistent with all legal and ethical standards.
- Maintain subject charts, records, data and report adverse events according to defined standards.
- Educate patients and parents about study program and about other issues as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for own practice under supervision by Investigators
- Prompt communication with Investigators regarding patient clinical issues.
- Participate in identification, investigation and resolution of risk management, quality of care, and ethical issues.
- Perform clinical evaluation including physical examination, blood draws, processing and interpretation of laboratory tests for study participants who have protocol defined illness related to clinic visits.
- Work with the Principal Investigator to determine if an adverse event has occurred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Academic Nurse Practitioner training
- New York State Nurse Practitioner License
- 5 years’ experience required
- Experience in clinical research trials is preferred.
- Flexibility in hours is needed at times to accommodate study patients.
- Availability to accept calls from patients when required for protocol recipients and to make clinical diagnoses.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and Phlebotomy skills.