Nurse Practitioner, Behavioral Health
Long Island NY
Title: Nurse Practitioner, Behavioral Health
Location: Long Island, NY
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Hiring a Nurse Practitioner, Behavioral Health for a large physician led outpatient medical office in the New York Metro Area. The Nurse Practitioner, Behavioral Health, will provide medical services in collaboration with its primary care physicians. Provide high quality patient care and a full scope of primary care services including diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance.
- Obtains and documents patient history as appropriate
- Conducts relevant physical exam and evaluates patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Diagnoses and treats disease and manages chronic illness.
- Prescribes medication in accordance with New York State and federal law.
- Provides preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Collaborates with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner education program registered by the New York State Education Department.
- At least one year of experience as Nurse Practitioner
- Current NCCPA Board Certification from the National Commission on the Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from a New York State approved accrediting body (ANCC) or be eligible for board certification.
- Current and unrestricted licensed Nurse Practitioner by the New York State Department of Education or be eligible for licensure.
- Experience working with diverse populations in an ambulatory healthcare setting.