Nurse Practitioner, Addiction Medicine
Westchester County NY
Title: Nurse Practitioner, Addiction Medicine
Location: Westchester, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Nurse Practitioner for an Addiction Medicine Clinic Associated with a Health Network providing high-quality patient care in the Hudson Valley Region. The Nurse Practitioner in Addiction Medicine will perform clinical care, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, teaching, evaluation, and ordering of treatment for patients. Excellent opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the patients, their families, and the community.
- Evaluate the need for patient admission (pre-screening).
- Timely clinical assessment of all new admissions and initiate the patient care plan in accordance with clinical findings and acceptable protocols.
- Monitor and assess patients for vital signs, signs of impending withdrawal or other medical problems, and document daily and as needed.
- Order diagnostic tests and other treatment as agreed upon with the physician collaborator.
- Review results of lab and other tests and treat as needed.
- Actively participate in daily inter-disciplinary patient update/conference, giving observations, and update on each patient discussed.
- Update and revise patient treatment plan daily as needed according to established protocols and patient s condition.
- Participate in providing a learning environment for nurses, counselors, and patients.
- Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 6:30am-1pm. No weekends
- Patients: 8-10 patients per day
- BSN, MSN
- NYS Certified Nurse Practitioner
- BLS Certification
- After certification, at least six months of clinical work in a substance abuse center
- Knowledge of drug composition and effects and side effects.