Title: Nurse Manager
Location: Manhattan, NY 10001
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Nurse Manager for a Community Healthcare Center in New York City. The Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating the routine clinical needs of the Primary Care/Adult Day Healthcare (ADHC) and directs and supervises all clinic activities and medical staff in coordination with Medical Director. The Nurse Manager responsibilities include the development, evaluation and maintenance of procedures and standards for the clinical functions of the Primary Care/ADHC to ensure the safe, smooth management of the clinic.
- Coordinates the routine clinical needs of the Primary Care/ADHC
- Directs and supervises all clinic activities and medical staff in coordination with Medical Director.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains procedures and standards for the clinical functions of the Primary Care/ADHC to ensure the safe, smooth management of the clinic.
- Develops appropriate clinical and tracking system to ensure orderly and complete medical records and data collection and recording.
- Organizes weekly on-site medical staff meetings including creating agenda and ensuring that minutes are taken
- Ensures that assessments, labs, etc are up to date
- Supervises peer educators and medical clerk
- Maintains files and records for medical providers
- Maintains the schedules of the Medical Director, makes appointment and arranges meetings. Assists as directed with staff recruitment process.
- Maintains billing system and Policy and Procedures
- Assists in the operation of all office machines and monitoring maintenance needs.
- Fills in as MA/Clerk as needed
- Maintains and upgrades Medical Record Room
- Oversees timely patient outreach, closure of charts, and chart storage
- Ensures efficient missed appointment documentation and patient outreach for rescheduling
- Coordinates PTO/Vacation time for all medical personnel to ensure adequate coverage.
- Performs other duties as required by the medical director.
- Current Registered Nurse License
- BSN Required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Health related field experience preferred