Nurse Manager, Oncology
Title: Oncology Nurse Manager
Location: Queens, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring Oncology Nurse Manager for a physician practice specializing in the care of patients with Hematology and Oncology conditions. The Oncology Nurse Manager is accountable for quality of nursing care and unit management on a 24/7 basis.
Job Responsibilities of Oncology Nurse Manager:
- Serves as a role model, leader, and resource to all staff.
- Identifies and meets learning needs to maintain competency and respond to clinical & management expectations.
- Promotes and restores patient s health by developing day-to-day management of the patient care area
- Provides professional nursing care for patients
- Provide professional consultation in identifying sources for Chemotherapy regimens
- Response for developing treatment plans in EMR for Infusion Referrals based on physician prescription.
- Create cohesion and a healthy work environment that encourages others to set priorities and boundaries
- Embraces change in an open, supportive manner, taking personal responsibility for implementing proposed changes
- Develops standardized chemotherapy regimens in Altos Electronic Medical Records (EMR) by diagnosis.
- Ensure Patient safety by proving checks and balances for all pertinent lab work and documentation
- Registered nurse with a completion of an Associate s degree
- Valid certification as an oncology nurse
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management
- Formal training in nursing leadership and management
- CPR certification
- Preferred: Bachelors of Master s degree in nursing leadership