Nurse Manager, Cancer Center
Long Island, NY
Title: Nurse Manager, Cancer Center (RN)
Location: Long Island, NY
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Hiring a Nurse Manager for a new cancer center in a 500+ bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of a large Health System. The organization's reputation for excellence has been built on great choices and empowered leadership and fosters a team that's focused on evidence-based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
- Ensure compliance to standards of care and practice.
- Plan, coordinate, and deliver nursing care services related to the care of the Oncology patient served in the infusion center.
- Participate in budget preparation and monitoring resources.
- Manage nursing personnel including hiring, training, coaching, and performance evaluations.
- Participate in management meetings and departmental committees.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in the delivery of biotherapy/chemotherapy agents.
- Serve as a clinical and technical resource and role model for nursing personnel, physicians, and other departments.
- Extensive experience as a Registered Nurse in Oncology
- Prior management experience preferred
- BSN required; MS preferred or actively enrolled in a master's program
- Valid NYS RN license
- BLS, ONS & Biotherapy/Chemotherapy Certification Required