Location: Brooklyn, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring Neurologist for an academic medical center in Brooklyn, NY. The Neurologist will diagnose and treat patients with brain and central nervous system disorders and diseases. The Neurologist will perform tests, diagnose patients, provide treatment plans and options, and work with patients' physicians and surgeons to treat neurological issues.
- Evaluate patient through questions, examinations, memory tests, or movement activities.
- Perform diagnostic tests, imaging tests, EEGs, and biopsies.
- Analyze patient test results, blood work, and spinal fluid.
- Set patient goals and discuss treatment plan.
- Establish timelines, tasks, and medical needs of patient.
- Develop treatment plans for medications or therapy to help patient reach their goal.
- Prescribe medications and monitor patient intake.
- Recommend surgeons or other further treatments.
- Consult neurosurgeon and other surgeons on patient procedures.
- Document patient records and progress including symptoms, medications, and treatments.
- Provide patient with tools and methods for recovery and better quality of life.
- Educate patient, patient?s family, significant others, and relevant parties of patient progress, treatment, and future goals.
- Board Certified MD
- Licensed to practice medicine in New York State
- Completed residency in Neurology
- Great interpersonal relations, communications, and demeanor
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.