Medical Director of Children Services
New York NY
Title: Medical Director of Children Services
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Medical Director of Children’s Services for a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in NYC. The Medical Director of Children’s Services will direct patient care, provide clinical supervision, and carry out program development.
- Medical screening, evaluations and primary care to adolescents.
- Serve as liaison between the health center, the pediatric department, and other medical facilities for patients referred to those facilities.
- Participate in case conference and case management activities.
- Recruit, train and supervise medical and dental providers in the performance of their clinical duties.
- Inspect, correct, and process assigned bi-weekly assigned employee timesheets.
- Participate in quality improvement activities, in conjunction with the Quality Improvement Team and the Chief Medical Officer.
- Provide in-service training for the health center’s professional and administrative staff.
- Identify and maintain clinical staffing requirements.
- Review and modify protocols periodically and evaluate staff performance in relation to these protocols.
- Coordinate with hospitals regarding patients who are transferred to the emergency room or admitted to the hospital.
- Manage dental services and contractual requirements.
- Coordinate with OCFS/CTH regarding transferring patients with chronic medical problems
- Assure that the mid-level practitioner(s) provides specified services or clinical activities in accordance with accepted medical standards.
- Observe, implement, and promote the federal regulations as defined by HIPPA and Policies and procedures as defined by the health center.
- Prepare monthly goals report for submission to the department.
- Ensure compliance with all grant specific reporting and requirements.
- MD. degree from an accredited medical school
- New York State Board Certification in Pediatrics or Family Medicine, M.P.H.
- Experience in hospital administration recommended
- Minimum three years related experience in family, pediatric, adolescent urban populations
- Ability to speak Spanish