Medical Director (MD)
New York NY
Title: Medical Director
Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, a managed long-term care program (MLTCP) dedicated to helping individuals live independently and provide continual access to care, is seeking a full time Medical Director. The Medical Director is responsible for assuring that the medical care provided to members meets current standards of care and is consistent with individual patient needs and wishes.
- Act as chair to the Quality Assurance Committee and the Medical Advisory Committee, appoints its members and sets the agenda.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and leads the development of projects to improve health outcomes.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to medical and nursing care.
- Partake in the hiring, training, evaluation, and education of medical and nursing staff.
- Develop and distributes practice guidelines and describes their appropriate use.
- Assure compliance with all state and federal regulatory requirements for medical care for each program.
- Review and discuss problematic cases with physicians, nurses, nurse care managers and other providers to change and improve treatment plans.
- Develop educational communications such as newsletters for providers and members.
- Valid NYS license and registration
- MD degree from an accredited medical school
- Board certified in Family or Internal Medicine; Geriatrics is a plus.
- Medicare Advantage Program (MAPP) experience required.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulatory and reporting requirements
- 3+ years' experience in a supervisory role with a large healthcare facility