Medical Director, Home-Based Primary Care (DO/ MD)
New Haven County, CT
Title: Medical Director, Home-Based Primary Care
Location: New Haven County, CT
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, a revolutionary and community-focused in-home medical care network by mobile providers, is seeking to hire a Medical Director, Primary Care. The Medical Director, Primary Care will be responsible for providing medical oversight to the clinical staff, collaborating with company partners, and leading the development of clinical practice guidelines. The clinicians provide full-spectrum home-based primary care to a panel of members with complex needs, with an emphasis on chronic disease management, primary behavioral health and primary palliative care.
- Provide medical services to patients in their home and educate them on how to follow care plans.
- Partner with primary care providers, specialists, hospitals, and community-based organizations to promote an understanding of the organization?s model, facilitate collaboration, and promote effective patient co-management.
- Supervise and provide insight to advanced practice clinicians assigned to members community.
- Monitor, evaluate, and facilitate quality improvement activities, including review of member and care team quality of care concerns.
- Promote program development and integration of clinical innovations, including community medicine, care transitions, palliative care, etc.
- Participate in the development and delivery of educational content and integration of primary and behavioral health needs.
- Assist in training and mentoring new employees as needed.
- Participate equally in all call responsibilities.
- Connect with patients and partners in an unbiased and empathetic manner to ensure their needs are being met.
- Collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family using the company?s custom-built platform.
- MD or DO degree from an Accredited institution.
- BC/BE in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatric, or Geriatric Medicine
- Valid Connecticut medical license
- Practice supervision experience
- Experience providing clinical services to individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and behavioral health conditions, and have interest in serving complex, vulnerable, and disabled populations.
- Experience with home-care clinical practice
- Experience in geriatrics or behavioral health in a low-income community or in a community health setting.
- DEA-approved to provide buprenorphine treatment for substance use disorder
- Valid Driver?s License and Car