Medical Director, Heart Transplant Program
New Jersey NJ
Title: Medical Director, Heart Transplant Program
Location: New Jersey
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Medical Director, Heart Transplant Program for a top medical system in New Jersey. The Medical Director, Heart Transplant Program will work in collaboration with medical staff to provide comprehensive health services to patients. The Medical Director, Heart Transplant Program will systematically assess patients’ health status, arrive at appropriate diagnoses, and implement care plan in support of effective clinical outcomes.
- Establishes evidenced based clinical guidelines for the care of cardiac transplant and advance cardiac disease patients.
- Sets strategic goals for program, develops implementation plan to meet goals.
- Works with Cardiothoracic Transplantation and Advanced Heart Failure Programs, Chairman of Medicine and Division of Cardiology to ensure the programs participation in national research initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of current treatment modalities available to patients and work with Administrative leadership to evaluate new treatments
- Integrates medical facts and clinical data, weighs alternatives, understands limitations of knowledge, and incorporates consideration of risks and benefits.
- Completes all patients billing information and patient medical charts
- Provides on-call coverage on a rotating schedule with other physicians in the Cardiac Transplant Program.
- Participates in clinical studies and writes clinical reviews pertaining to the treatment of Cardiac Transplant and other advanced cardiac disorders
- Licensed to practice Medicine in New Jersey