Manager of Physician Billing
Hudson Valley, NY
Title: Manager of Physician Billing
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Occupational Category: Healthcare Finance and Operations
Description: Our client, a not-for-profit healthcare corporation overseeing a range of top medical centers, is seeking to hire a Manager of Physician Billing.
- Facilitate staff education programs to include the orientation of new hires and ongoing staff education to assure staff competence in providing quality patient care, quality patient information, and quality financial information.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor activities of Billing Department including all Inpatient and Outpatient billing processes as well as cash posting functions.
- Formulate policies and planning for the billing department to ensure maximum utilization of available resources.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise job contributions, recommending compensation actions and adhering to organization policies and procedures.
- Develop the objectives, organization, staffing, budget, policies and procedures, work methods, and performance standards of Physician Practice Billing Dept.
- Generate patient database for billing functions, credit procedures, and patient communication.
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- EPIC certification preferred
- 4-6+ years of Revenue Cycle experience, preferably in a hospital environment.
- 5+ years of experience with EPIC implementation and validation preferred