Manager, Accounts Payable
Title: Manager of Accounts Payable
Location: Manhattan, NY
Occupational Category: Finance
Description: Hiring a Manager of Accounts Payable for a top academic medical center. The Manager of Accounts Payable is responsible for the Accounts Payable Operations, systems team and P-card administration team. The Manager of Accounts Payable will monitor staff performance and ensure timely processing of all invoices monthly, all systems are functioning correctly, and administering P-card program.
- Supervise staff. Monitor performance by review of weekly & monthly benchmark reporting
- Liaison with the Finance Call Center in resolving vendor inquiries and continue with training of the Call Center Staff on AP policy and procedure. Perform routine maintenance of the Onbase system. Supervise the monthly vendor statement reconciliation and ensure timely delivery to the General Accounting Unit.
- Responsible for P-card program.
- Responsible for AP systems team. Work closely with IT developers and analysts to thoroughly test technological changes and developments within the ERP system.
- Ensures all accruals are properly accounted for and ensures timely delivery to the General Accounting Unit. Work closely with the medical center purchasing department to ensure timely delivery of goods to the medical center. This will include any credit hold situations and any internal reporting problems that may occur between the two departments.
- Assist in various audits (ie. year-end both internal and external, A-133, and others as needed). Understands needs of customers. Identifies areas of improvement for Accounts Payable and the operational departments.
- Acts as a point of contact with external vendors involved with the institution.
- Provides leadership and direction within Accounts Payable as a whole. Promote staff development, mentoring and coaching through routine staff evaluation, motivation, support and providing an atmosphere of integrity and trust. Assist the Director of Accounts Payable in monitoring, updating and enforcing Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with the Director of Accounts Payable to provide in-house education on Accounts Payable policies and procedures. Audience for in-house education includes Finance Call Center, APO staff, Compliance Staff and department personnel. Participates in evaluation and redesign, as necessary, of internal processes.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree preferred in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience required
- Previous supervisory experience is required