Lung Transplant Coordinator
Essex County NJ
Title: Lung Transplant Coordinator
Location: Essex County, NJ
Occupational Category: Nurse
Description: Our client, a well-established, accredited hospital based, academic practice with a fellowship program is seeking to hire a Lung Transplant Coordinator. The Lung Transplant Coordinator will regulate all transplants from harvest coordination to communication with recipient and hospital staff.
- Work with multidisciplinary team/consultants to ensure patient receives optimal care.
- Collect health history and perform physical exams.
- Document timely and accurately in the medical record to reflect patient statuses and needs.
- Ensure all necessary multidisciplinary notes are available in the patient’s chart.
- Identify the need for and provide staff education on a formal and informal basis.
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests and follow up as necessary.
- Educate patient and family on post-operative care.
- Respond to patient calls and questions to satisfy the need for additional information/requests.
- Hold office hours to respond to patient questions by providing evidence-based disease process management.
- Collaborate with multiple departments and the patient to coordinate the transplant evaluation process.
- Certified Registered Nurse (BSN preferred)
- Valid New Jersey License
- Prior experience as a Lung Transplant Coordinator