Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
New York Metro Area NY
Title: Social Worker, LCSW
Location: New York Metro Area
Occupational Category: Allied Health
Description: Our client, a renowned academic medical center and integrated healthcare delivery system, is currently seeking to hire a Social Worker, LCSW. The Social Worker will organize and coordinate the comprehensive social service case management of high-risk school-based health center (SBHC) patients and families.
- Provide direct social work, evaluation, and treatment services to patients and families within the SBHC.
- Develop and maintain a social service case management referral/tracking system for patients, especially for those with substance abuse treatment/domestic violence issues.
- Coordinate with clinical staff to assess patient needs, organize services and develop case management plans.
- Identify all appropriate services/entitlements for SBHC patients and network with professionals from outside agencies for the purpose of facilitating entry/enrollment.
- Document appropriate records pertaining to case management activities.
- Prepare quarterly statistics relating to patient contacts and other reports as required.
- Assess service delivery resources/opportunities and facilitate service delivery and advocacy in collaboration with community-based organizations.
- Develop and manage a system of ensuring appropriate follow-up of case management for families moving from the shelter system into permanent housing.
- Educate parent/family individually or in groups regarding entitlements/social services availability, reasons for enrolling/attending, how to access programs, and advocate for themselves.
- LCSW required
- 3+ years experience with case management/social services
- Experience in a community-based setting caring for underserved populations
- Experience with domestic violence case management preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)