Internal Medicine (MD/DO)
Title: Internal Medicine Physician
Location: Bronx, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Our client, a 300+ bed nursing and rehabilitation facility, is currently seeking an Internal Medicine Physician. The Internal Medicine Physician will be working in a family like environment with a very stable and supportive staff. The client is dedicated to excellence in care and committed to diversity and community involvement. They will offer the Internal Medicine Physician an excellent benefits package as well as a competitive salary.
- Partake in planning, development, and organization of medical services provided.
- Develop, implement, and review medical policies related to patient care.
- Perform physical examinations of patients upon their admission and thereafter on a regular basis.
- Participate in the comprehensive care planning, discharge planning, and client and staff development by providing ongoing medical training and education to staff.
- Participate in preparation for regulatory agency site visits.
- Order, evaluate, adjust and terminate prescription of medication dosages using sound medical, ethical and responsible discretion and meets with the patient to discuss any adjustments in medication dosage
- Board Eligible / Board Certified
- Valid NYS medical license
- DEA Registration
- Continuing Medical Education (?CME?) licensure
- Knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City regulatory requirements and ensures all aspects of clinical care conforms to these requirements.